“The value I add is always greater than my rates.” —Adriana Adarve
Professional translation services are commonly charged at a rate based on price per word that depends on the specifics of any given job, followed by the speed at which clients want their translations back. However, quality is the most important aspect in selecting document translation services.
I provide high-quality translations that read as though they were written in the language in which they are being read. I also translate with an eye toward cultural sensitivities, and always track your specific market with the attention it deserves.
The value I add in my service is always greater than my rate …
As the American Translators Association explains in its guide, Translation: Getting it right:
When choosing a translation provider, calculate how much you’ve spent to develop the product or services you want to promote outside your country. If you cannot afford a professional translation, perhaps you are not ready for the international market yet.
The added value that a translation company offers (translator selection, project management, quality control, file conversions, standardized presentation of multilingual projects, etc.) also has a price tag, but can save you hours of work.”
Some Pricing Guidelines:
- Translations rates are based on several variables, such as source document number of words, complexity & quality, turnaround time, language combination;
- Translations rates are usually determined per project and language combination, among other factors;
- Because translation is NOT a commodity, the more specific you are about what you want or need with your project, the easier it will be to give you a realistic price estimate and, ultimately, the outstanding translation you are seeking; (see the ATA’s guide, Translation: Buying a non-commodity);
- Common Latin languages are usually less expensive than languages of lesser diffusion. The price for these languages depends on the availability of highly qualified translators;
- Professionalism has a price tag, and professional translations are no exception to this golden rule. As in any other business, you pay for this professionalism.
Reach me today for a quote.